Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal Information – data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information The Small Business Platform may collect, and how we may use it.
What personal information we collect
- When you create an account with The Small Business Platform, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and credit card information.
- When collecting information about your company, we may collect a variety of information, including your company’s name, address, phone number, website address, contact preferences, and your Employer Identification Number (EIN).
- In the U.S., we may ask for your Social Security number (SSN) but only in limited circumstances to assist with proper processing of certain documents.
How we use your personal information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you updated with our latest policies and procedures, and any events that may have a direct effect on your business. It also helps us to improve our services, content, and advertising. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by updating your preferences.
- We also use personal information to help us develop, deliver, and improve our products, services, content, and advertising.
- From time to time, your personal information may be used to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your association with The Small Business Platform, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our products, services, and customer communications.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect non-personal information. This is data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, location, and the time zone where The Small Business Platform is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
You do have the ability to disable cookies on your web browser. The process will vary depending on the browser. Please note that if you disable cookies on your browser, certain areas of the website may no longer be available to you.
As is true of most websites, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on The Small Business Platform website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times The Small Business Platform may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with us to provide products and services, or that help us market to customers. Personal information will only be shared by The Small Business Platform to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
The Small Business Platform shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever The Small Business Platform operates.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for The Small Business Platform to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
The Small Business Platform takes precautions — including administrative, technical, and physical measures — to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
When you use our online forum, chat room, email, or social networking service, the personal information you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by logging in to your account at https://thesmallbusinessplatform.com. For other personal information, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access so you can request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if The Small Business Platform is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Third-Party Sites and Services
The Small Business Platform’s websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to our employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
The Small Business Platform: 137 25th ST SW, Minot, ND, USA, 58701
Last updated: January 23rd, 2018